One of your most valuable membership benefits is the political work NJA and CFJ do. You can’t protect your clients, their rights and your firms without pro-civil justice laws.
We do this by:
- Educating legislators about civil justice issues
- Coordinating fundraising efforts
- Supporting pro-civil justice candidates and legislators
- Lobbying every day in Carson City during the 120-day legislative sessions
- Defending against toxic anti-tort legislation
- Training and mentoring NJA members interested in the political process
- Recruiting candidates to run for office
- Introducing candidates to issues they might not be aware of
- Determining bills to propose
- Strategizing and developing long term goals for improving access to the civil justice system
For more information, please contact Kaylyn Kardavani, Associate Director of Government Affairs.